1. Monday night, sophia_helix
flaked out on watching Bones with me. It was okay though because she was writing her asoiaf_equinox
fic:( Somewhat spoilery reactions to 'Player under Pressure' (mostly bitching about it not airing till now) )
2. Tuesday night, we watched episodes 4x02 and 4x03 of Doctor Who at last. Non-spoilerly reactions (comments to this post may contain spoilers though):
* Ten's emo seems expand with the growth of his hair.
* Donna is a great choice of character to follow up Martha and Rose. I love that she is an independent adult. If Rose was Heart and Martha was Head... Donna is perhaps Will.
and I loved Quintus and his short little sacrilegious purple toga.
* This reminded us that Brutus and Mark Antony are totally having hatesex and we are sad that NO ONE has written about it for us.
* We want to hire that chick to do our PR. We are not sure for what, but we were impressed with her skills.
* The promo for this week, made me so excited. I am such a fucking fangirl for a certain champion of Earth.
3. Last night, after arguing with my therapist about semantics, we went out to celebrate actoplasm
's promotion. He didn't get off till 8 and 9 is Jeremy's bedtime for work nights so we were just going to have drinks and appetizers with them and then go and let them finish their dinner alone... but it smelled good so I got mushroom ravioli in a ginger cream sauce and Jeremy got a giant chicken caesar salad. We also modified the "Red Carpet" (one of their specialty drinks: Pomegranate Liqueur, Vodka, Triple-Sec, Sweet and Sour, and Soda) to replace the Soda with their homemade ginger ale, which really killed the not so great vodka aftertaste (they make notoriously strong drinks). We called it the "Ginger Carpet"... which sounded dirty and reminded me of Doctor Who and my theory that he is hanging out with Donna partly because if you can't BE a ginger then you can at least be WITH one, right? It was so good I had two, and then we forgot to order dessert but sophia_helix
wanted some so we went over to the Czechoslovakian place's bar, where they serve Princess Cake and make the best Mojitos in town (seriously I don't even bother getting them elsewhere in the area because they always disappoint). We did not get to bed until 11, and have plans to do Happy Hour today in honor of sophia_helix
's last day of actual class in law school. Also in honor of cheap appetizers.
4. This week I have written 3 Song of Ice and Fire fics (Well, 2 1/2 fics and 1 ficlet) and I am actually pretty happy with the completed ones for the first time in months. I've even been getting betaed again for the first time in a while.
5. Saturday we leave for Southern California and will not be back until Thursday or Friday of next week. I am so excited to get away and not go to work.